BILCO UK is pleased to introduce a new line of skylight products for smoke ventilator
and roof top access. The innovative design features a sliding cover that is electrically actuated for fast emergency response or access with just a push of a button. Click here for more information
Sliding Skylight Ventilator Vent
Skylight ventilators feature an innovative sliding cover design that provides natural daylight and automatic smoke ventilation protection. This CE marked ventilator is readily available in a standard size and custom sizes can be specified.
Natural Smoke Ventilator Models: SKY-1M, SKY-SS
Standard Features and Benefits
- CE marked skylight ventilators provide natural daylighting and smoke ventilation protection.
- The unique sliding cover design does not require wind deflectors for smoke ventilation and features a rigid PVC frame with external metal profiles
- Over-lapping design ensures complete weathertightness
- The polyester upstand is fully insulated for energy efficiency
- Low voltage actuator opens and closes the cover in a smooth and controlled motion.
|Type||Size (mm)||Overall Dimensions (mm)||Weight (kg)|
|SKY-1M||1000 x 1500||1300 x 1800||170|
|* Fabricated to special size requirements. Consult Bilco for sizing.|
- Performance Characteristics: Dome has been tested for impact resistance to EN1873 Class SB1200. Operation of the cover shall be through a 24VDC battery backed control system that will open the cover to the fire open position within 60 seconds and be capable of closing the cover. Operation of the cover shall not be affected by temperature. Entire vent shall be weathertight. U-value 1.02 W/m2
- Cover: Shall be a double-layer thermoformed polycarbonate dome assembled on a fully welded PVC frame, in which a double-layer security glass(classified 2(B)2 according to EN 12600:2004) shall be inserted. Cover shall have extruded EPDM rubber gasket to ensure a continuous seal when compressed in the front and in the back of the vent.
- Cover Insulation: Not applicable.
- Curb: Shall be 250 mm in height and of double-layer (internal and external) polyester resin reinforced with fiberglass. The curb shall be formed with a 150 mm flange with 9 mm holes provided for securing to the roof deck.
- Curb Insulation: Shall be extruded polyurethane of 60mm thickness.
- Operating Mechanism: 24VDC actuator
- Factory finish shall be:
- Polycarbonate: Clear Finish
- Glass: Clear Finish
- PVC Profiles: White
- Metal Profiles: White Powder Coating
- Upstand: White
- Warranty: 10-year product warranty/ 2-year motor warranty. Contact BILCO for complete warranty details.