Ion Glass offer a wholly bespoke service to include every aspect of structural glass installation, individually tailored to meet your client’s unique requirements.
Above: The glass balustrade on the Rotunda Staircase at Tate Britain. Each individual elliptical panel is designed to fit perfectly around every step of the spiral staircase and the stainless handrail.
When you commission structural glass for a building project of any nature, whether it’s a new-build, renovation, commercial project or updating a heritage building it’s essential to employ a glass specialist.
The finished result needs to be fully compliant, structurally sound and perfectly installed…as well as meeting all your design criteria.
Ion Glass offer a wholly bespoke service in structural glass:
- Full design service from concept to the finished product, including detailed CAD drawings
- Ion undertake all specialist glass calculations to ensure every project is fully compliant and meet all structural requirements.
- With decades of experience Ion can provide knowledgeable support with planners, relevant organisations and committees, especially when working in listed buildings, ecclesiastical projects or insurance claims.
- Every quotation submitted is comprehensive and fully researched to cover your exact specifications – Ion does not offer an ‘off the shelf’ approach to pricing.
- Ion’s surveyors and installation teams are second to none. Computer aided measuring techniques ensure a perfect result for even the most complex and challenging projects.
- Ion’s comprehensive service includes management of all installation logistics, including crane hire as necessary.
- As part of their service Ion includes the provision of all the essential fixtures and fittings …including bespoke handles or handrails, individually designed glass manifestations or uniquely designed and commissioned framework and brackets.
- Ion are familiar with working in sensitive environments …whether it’s a centuries old building or a celebrity home.
The breadth of work Ion undertake varies from glass linkways connecting buildings and spaces to glass doors, curved balustrades, swimming pools and leisure areas to glass screens, doors and porches in churches, cathedrals and heritage buildings. Ion’s bespoke glass installations can be found in public buildings, churches, commercial properties and beautiful private homes across the UK and overseas.
Above: Deceptively simple this L-shaped structural glass linkway designed and installed by Ion Glass is constructed from double-glazed panels to make it an integral element of the home, retaining warmth as well as maximising the light.
Above: This stunning and unique glass porch creates a statement entrance to a barn renovation, with structural glass fins and beams for a minimal result.
Above: perfect measurements, managing logistics and an experienced installation team are all key to Ion’s outstanding results
Their expert team will discuss your individual requirements and provide a full technical support and installation service whether you are managing a project for a church or heritage building or commissioning structural glass for leisure, residential, or commercial properties.
For more information on glass linkways, glass doors, glass screens, internal or external balustrades, structural glass porches, or other architectural glass installations call us on 0345 658 9988, send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the enquiry form on our website.