DualProof is a fully and permanently bonded, composite sheet. It is applied before the steel reinforcement is fixed and the concrete poured. It consists of a sealed two layer highly flexible PVC membrane laminated with a non-woven PP-fleece. DualProof is pre-applied and is installed without heat or open-flame, overlapped and sealed with butyl tape and special adhesive for detailing. The new PP FiberTex Technology gives the DualProof its unique bond and connection to the concrete. The PP-Fleece integrates into the concrete when poured giving a strong mechanical bond once cured.
DualProof can be applied horizontally as well as vertically and is used in all applications where structures require protection against groundwater and seepage. Typically used in the following constructions:
- New build basements
- All other concrete constructions below ground
Advantages of DualProof
- Waterproof, damp proof, gas proof and gives concrete protection against chemicals
- Tough and resistant, quick and easy to install, high compound shear strength
- Can be installed in every season regardless of temperature and weather condition
- No need for complicated welding equipment and specially trained staff, overlapping can be easily secured with Delta Double-sided Tape and detailing around corners with CEM 805 adhesive
- Prevents any lateral water migration between the waterproofing membrane and the structural concrete
- Seals small cracks in the concrete
- Can be used in saltwater conditions
- CE marked and DIN certified
|Products on the market||DualProof|
|Adhesive or chemical bond
• At low temperatures not sticky
• At high temperatures too soft
• Protection sheet needed
• Very slippery when wet
• Bonding surface very sensitive
• Cannot walk directly on surface
• Not temperature/weather dependant
• No protection sheet needed
• Does not become slippery when wet
• If dirty it can be hosed and brushed clean
• Foot traffic will not affect the fleece
|Mechanical bond products• Complex – 6-8 system components
• Fleece bonded to Polyolefin membrane by grid of adhesive.
• Risk of vapour pressure blisters and water tracking, via capillary action, along fibres at interface with concrete.
• Various sizes for different applications
|DualProof’s mechanical bond• Simple – 2 components
• The PVC and fleece are manufactured together as one unit due to a highly advanced process.
• The fleece is water resistant, easy to clean.
• No risk of blisters or water tracking between layers.
• The fleece integrates into the concrete
• One size for all applications