Avoid Toxic Home Syndrome
- 70% of our time is spent indoors
- We invest in Heating systems and Insulation, but forget about the Ventilation. All three go hand in hand
Why is Ventilation Important
- A typical family of 4 produces up to 16 litres (28 pints) of moisture a week.
Causes of Poor Ventilation
- Washing and Drying indoors
- Pollen, Dust Mites
- Cleaners, VOC’s
Effects of Poor Ventilation
- Bed Bugs
- Dampness and Mould
- Asthma, Respiratory problems
Why is this happening?
- As we renovate, refurbish and restore older dwellings, we are reducing natural ventilation (leakage) and insulating them to a higher level.
- New Buildings are constructed to a higher standard of regulation, more effectively sealed and unable to “breath”
- Moisture, airborne pollutants and particulates cannot erscape the envelope resulting in
TOXIC HOME SYNDROME
Build tight, Ventilate right
- Implement ventilation measures and choose to live with better Indoor Air Quality for you and your family.
- Protect the fabric integrity of your home by combatting harmful elements that can degrade the value of your investment
- Save energy by adopting a balanced approach to Heating, Insulation and Ventilation technologies.
A Balanced Home Environment is a healthier, energy efficient home for both the occupants and the dwelling.